Circular Churchyard, St. Edith's, Church Pulverbatch
- HER Number (PRN): 33037
- Site Name : Circular Churchyard, St. Edith's, Church Pulverbatch
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SJ
- Related Monuments:
- Brief Description: Circular churchyard surrounding Church of St Edith, Church Pulverbatch, suggested as being of early (ie pre-conquest) origins.
- Description: [From listed building entry]...The church is set in an elevated circular graveyard, suggestive of an early origin, and commands extensive views over the surrounding countryside. <1>
Circular churchyard clearly marked on 2nd edition Ordnance Survey 1:2500 map. <2>
A site visit in 2017 recorded the circular churchyard as embanked, with stone walling in places. <3>
- Record Type: Monument
(01) List of Buildings: Department of the Environment (DoE). 1986-Mar-10. 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. Vol 1056-0. List volume. p.11. (02) Map: Ordnance Survey. c1899-1903. OS County Series 1:2500 maps (2nd edition) - digital dataset. OS County Series. (03) SMR comment: Carey Giles. 2014 onwards. Comments by HER compiler in HER database. 06/04/2017.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Created: 06/04/2017 16:42:22
- Date Last Edited: 06/04/2017 17:09:45