Brockton War Memorial
- HER Number (PRN): 31384
- Site Name : Brockton War Memorial
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SJ
- Brief Description: A cross mounted on a grassy triangle at a junction of a minor road from Newport to Lilleshall.
- Description: Description: Stepped hexagonal base surmounted by shaft and cross. Inscription carved on the plinth and step. ->
-> Inscription: Plinth, front face: to the men/ who died for/ their Country/ AD 1914 1918 top step: at the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them. <1>
Additional: In the sandstone wall on the opposite side of the road to the south of the cross is a series of five inscribed sandstone blocks which list the names of the men from Brockton and Church Aston who fell in the Great War. <2>
Photographs taken on 4th May 2015. <3>
- Record Type: Monument
(01) Online database: Imperial War Museum. Imperial War Museum: National Inventory of War Memorials. 37988. (02) SMR comment: Haynes J B. 2014 onwards. Comments by J B Haynes, HER Compiler. (03) SMR comment: Haynes J B. 2014 onwards. Comments by J B Haynes, HER Compiler.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Created: 07/05/2015 15:18:30
- Date Last Edited: 07/05/2015 16:02:03