St Ruthen's Lych Gate Longden
- HER Number (PRN): 31337
- Site Name : St Ruthen's Lych Gate Longden
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SJ
- Brief Description: An oak lych gate commemorating the dead of both World Wars.
- Description: Description: Lychgate with oak rails on either side and a dedicatory bronze plaque on the front beam which bears inscription. ->
-> Inscription: This plaque was erected to the Glory of God/ and in honoured memory of the men who fell in the Great War 1939 - 45/ (Names) <1>
Source note: On a vist to photograph the Lych gate (14th April 2015) it was noted that there were two dedicatory plaques. The one on the front beam remembered those from the 1914-1918 war and the second plaque on the rear beam, inside the gate, those of the 1939 to 1945 war. <2>
- Record Type: Monument
(01) Online database: Imperial War Museum. Imperial War Museum: National Inventory of War Memorials. 13960. (02) SMR comment: Haynes J B. 2014 onwards. Comments by J B Haynes, HER Compiler.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Created: 07/05/2015 11:44:21
- Date Last Edited: 07/05/2015 13:06:59