Chemistry, Whitchurch (place Name)
- HER Number (PRN): 06507
- Site Name : Chemistry, Whitchurch (place Name)
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SJ 530 416
- Brief Description: The possible site of 19th to 20th century chemical works.
- Description: Chemistry. Unclear if titling refers to the actual site of a chemical works <1>
Chemistry-place name. NGR centred on placename <2><3><4>
Suggested links between the name and some sort of minor industrial process in the area have never been proven, and it is possible that the name has a much earlier and simpler origin which has mutated into its present form. <5>
- Record Type: Monument
(01) Map: Ordnance Survey. 1833. OS First Edition 1 inch Map Sheet 73 - Market Drayton. OS 1st Edition 1". Sheet 73 (Repr. as 33). 1 inch to 1 mile. (02) Map: Ordnance Survey. 1891. OS County Series 01SE, 1891. OS County Series. 01SE. 1:10560. (03) Map: Ordnance Survey. 1954. OS SJ54SW, 1954. OS National Grid Series. SJ54SW. 1:10560. (04) Map: Ordnance Survey. 1973. OS SJ54SW, 1973. OS National Grid Series. SJ54SW. 1:10000. (05) Deskbased survey report: Morriss Richard K. 2014. Land to the east of 163 Wrexham Road, Whitchurch: an impact assessment of proposed development on heritage assets. Mercian Heritage Series. 690.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Created: 14/01/1994
- Date Last Edited: 22/01/2016 10:22:09