Earthwork Remains Of A Deserted Settlement And Field System C.250m E Of Criddon Hall
- HER Number (PRN): 04371
- Site Name : Earthwork Remains Of A Deserted Settlement And Field System C.250m E Of Criddon Hall
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SO 665 912
- Brief Description: This site represents: ridge and furrow of medieval date, a deserted settlement of medieval date.
- Description: Earthworks, perhaps a holloway and house platforms, plus some traces of ridge and furrow, observed and photographed from the air, 17th March, 1989 <1>
Earthworks prominent on LiDAR with a series of house platforms visible. <2>
Evaluated for MPP in 1990-1, Low score as one of 58 DMVs. Evaluated for MPP in 1990-1, Medium score as one of 91 Irregular Open Field Systems. <3>
- Record Type: Monument
(00) Card index: Shropshire County Council SMR. SMR Sheets Collection. SMR record sheets. SMR Sheet for PRN SA 04371. (01) Oblique aerial photograph: Musson Chris R. 1989-Mar-17. CPAT 89/MB/0341. Black and White. Medium. (02) Geospatial data: Environment Agency. 2014. LiDAR (Light Detection And Ranging) Hillshade Model. (03) TEXT: Horton Wendy B. 1990/ 1991. MPP Evaluation File.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Created: 15/02/1990
- Date Last Edited: 04/03/2019 09:38:15