Ridge And Furrow, Habberley
- HER Number (PRN): 04336
- Site Name : Ridge And Furrow, Habberley
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SJ 4001 0379
- Brief Description: This site represents: ridge and furrow of medieval date.
- Description: Put on the SMR because of an exceptional aerial photograph taken in March 1988, <1>, but plotted from a 1983 CPD Vertical AP. <2>
Photographed again by Chris Musson from the air in 2000. <3>
Evaluated for MPP in 1990-1, Medium score as one of 91 Irregular Open Field Systems. <4>
The mapped extent of this monument was extended significantly to the East on the basis of the survival of substantial earthwork ridge and furrow on LiDAR imagery. In addition, earthworks survive to the east of Habberley. <5>
- Record Type: Monument
(00) Card index: Shropshire County Council SMR. SMR Sheets Collection. SMR record sheets. SMR Sheet for PRN SA 04336. (01) Oblique aerial photograph: Musson Chris R. 1988-Mar-04. CPAT 88/MB/0095. Black and White. Medium. (02) Vertical aerial photograph: Cartographical Services Ltd. 1983. Set of vertical aerial photographs, 1983. Black and white. 1:10000. Frame 6603. (03) Oblique aerial photograph: Musson Chris R. 2000-Mar-05. CPAT 00/MB/2029. Black and White. Medium. (04) TEXT: Horton Wendy B. 1990/ 1991. MPP Evaluation File. (05) Geospatial data: Environment Agency. LiDAR (Light Detection And Ranging) Hillshade Model.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Created: 01/02/1989
- Date Last Edited: 13/03/2017 09:43:27