- HER Number (PRN): 24226
- Site Name : The Drailes
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SO 6516 8860
- Brief Description: The Drailes, a farmstead first identified and classified by the Historic Farmsteads Characterisation Project, 2008 2010, (ESA6427), largely from the digital version of the c.1900 OS large scale mapping.
- Description: Regular Courtyard U-Plan. Additional Plan Details: Additional detached elements to main plan. Date Evidence from Farmhouse: 19th Century. Date Evidence from Working Building(s): None.
Position of Farmhouse: Detached, side on to yard. Farmstead Location: Isolated. Survival: Significant Loss - more than 50% alteration. Confidence: High.
Other Notes: Large modern sheds to the side of the historic farmstead suggest that the farmstead is still in use. Most of the remaining historic farm buildings look in a ruinous state. <1>
- Record Type: Monument
(01) Geospatial data: Baxter Charlotte. 2010. Historic Farmstead Characterisation Dataset.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Created: 28/06/2010 16:54:46