The Down Farm
- HER Number (PRN): 24213
- Site Name : The Down Farm
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SO 6802 9023
- Brief Description: The Down Farm, a farmstead first identified and classified by the Historic Farmsteads Characterisation Project, 2008 2010, (ESA6427), largely from the digital version of the c.1900 OS large scale mapping.
- Description: Regular Courtyard comprising an L- Plan range with detached buildings to the third and fourth sides of the yard. Additional Plan Details: Additional detached elements to main plan. Date Evidence from Farmhouse: 19th Century. Date Evidence from Working Building(s): None.
Position of Farmhouse: Farmhouse set away from yard. Farmstead Location: Loose farmstead cluster. Survival: Partial Loss - less than 50% change. Confidence: High.
Other Notes: Large modern sheds to the side of the historic farmstead suggest that the farmstead is still in use. <1>
- Record Type: Monument
(01) Geospatial data: Baxter Charlotte. 2010. Historic Farmstead Characterisation Dataset.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Created: 28/06/2010 16:54:40