- HER Number (PRN): 03418
- Site Name : Stirchley Tunnel
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SJ 6951 0634
- Related Monuments:
- Brief Description: A Tunnel along the Shropshire Canal (PRN 03408): 281 yards long x 10ft wide. It was opened out to a cutting when the railway was built to Coalport in 1861, on same alignment.
- Description: Shropshire Canal (PRN 03408): 281 yards long x 10ft wide at surface of water <1>
Opened out to cutting when railway built to Coalport 1861, on same alignment. (no source cited for this on card. )
- Record Type: Monument
(00) Card index: Shropshire County Council SMR. Site and Monuments Record (SMR) cards. SMR record cards. SMR Card for PRN SA 03418. (01) Monograph: Hadfield C. 1969/1985. Canals of the West Midlands. p154.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Created: 09/06/1978
- Date Last Edited: 04/08/2015 16:33:10