Toll House At Junction Of Wenlock Road And Ludlow Road, Bridgnorth
- HER Number (PRN): 15327
- Site Name : Toll House At Junction Of Wenlock Road And Ludlow Road, Bridgnorth
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SO 7094 9321
- Brief Description: An 18th/19th century toll house.
- Description: Detached. Brick, tile , bargeboards, brick central chimneys, semi circular head, casements, shutters, porch, pilasters, rectangular, 1.5 storey <0>
Tollhouse photographed by AP Wallace on 1st May 1966. Shropshire Archives catalogue description: "Brick built, two storey dwelling with central chimney stack. The building is being used as a shop and a post box stands outside. A small verandah roof extends over the ground floor level." <1><1a>
Photograph taken 14th March 2013. <3>
- Record Type: Building
(00) Card index: Shropshire County Council SMR. Site and Monuments Record (SMR) cards. SMR record cards. SMR Card for PRN SA 15327. (01) Online database: Shropshire Archives. 2018. Online catalogue for PH/S/14/15 (Shropshire Tollhouses). https://www.shropshirearchives.org.uk/collections/getrecord/CCA_XPH_S_14_15_10. (01a) Photograph: Wallace A P et 2 al. 1965/1970. Turnpike Toll Houses. Large. PH_S_14_15_10. (02) Photograph: Anon. 1973. Tollhouse, Bridgnorth. Colour. (03) SMR comment: Haynes J B. 2014 onwards. Comments by J B Haynes, HER Compiler. 30/08/2018.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Created: 17/09/2001 10:33:00
- Date Last Edited: 02/10/2018 11:42:28