A Holy Well C 150m S Of Bush Farm
- HER Number (PRN): 02838
- Site Name : A Holy Well C 150m S Of Bush Farm
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SO 6614 9029
- Brief Description: A holy well of medieval to post medieval date, last used in 1817.
- Description: Formerly a holy well, dedication unknown, waters were supposed to possess a healing virtue for cripples or weakly persons. Last person dipped 1817. Considerably overground (overgrown?) in 1893 <1>
Wells are marked at SO6624 9034 and SO6604 9023 <2>
- Record Type: Monument
(00) Card index: Shropshire County Council SMR. Site and Monuments Record (SMR) cards. SMR record cards. SMR Card for PRN SA 02838. (01) Monograph: Hope R C. 1893. Holy Wells of England. p128. (02) Map: Ordnance Survey. 1927. OS County Series 58.14, 1927. OS County Series. 58.14. 1:2500.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Created: 01/12/1981
- Date Last Edited: 05/03/2015 12:19:21