Cropmarks Of An Enclosure C 600m Sw Of Marlbrook Bridge
- HER Number (PRN): 02086
- Site Name : Cropmarks Of An Enclosure C 600m Sw Of Marlbrook Bridge
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SO 7047 8990
- Brief Description: Cropmarks of a single-ditched enclosure with rounded edges of probable Iron Age to Roman date.
- Description: Small sub rectangular single ditched enclosure with rounded angles and possible interior feature. Approx 30m square. I Burrow comment. 1978. Its form and position suggest that it may be of Iron Age date. It measures approx 50m square with the two sides of the possible outer work at a distance of between 10m and 20m. OS FI 1979 <2>
- Record Type: Monument
(00) Card index: Shropshire County Council SMR. Site and Monuments Record (SMR) cards. SMR record cards. SMR Card for PRN SA 02086. (02) Card index: Ordnance Survey. 1979. Ordnance Survey Record Card SO78NW11 . Ordnance Survey record cards. SO78NW11 . (03) Oblique aerial photograph: Baker W A. 1969. Oblique View, 1969.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Created: 02/03/1983
- Date Last Edited: 18/11/2010 15:37:42