Earthworks C 600m W Of The Hills Farm
- HER Number (PRN): 00610
- Site Name : Earthworks C 600m W Of The Hills Farm
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SO 6878 9031
- Brief Description: Earthworks representing a possible round barrow of probable Bronze Age date. It has also been suggested that the earthworks are the result of coal working.
- Description: Possible barrow? <1a>
Marked as Old Shafts (coal) on OS 1891 map <1b>
A low ground swelling, which merges into a gentle W facing slope on its uphill side, is all that remains of this feature, which was under the plough at the time of investigation..No coal fragments were seen. OS FI 1978 <1>
- Record Type: Monument
(00) Card index: Shropshire County Council SMR. Site and Monuments Record (SMR) cards. SMR record cards. SMR Card for PRN SA 00610. (01) Card index: Ordnance Survey. 1978. Ordnance Survey Record Card SO69SE11 . Ordnance Survey record cards. SO69SE11 . (01a) Map annotation: Chitty Lily F. Map annotation by OS Correspondent. (01b) Map: Ordnance Survey. 1891. OS County Series 58SE, 1891. OS County Series. 58SE. 1:10560.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Created: 15/03/1983
- Date Last Edited: 01/09/2017 15:12:26