Milestone, B5070, Glenrid
- HER Number (PRN): 19137
- Site Name : Milestone, B5070, Glenrid
- Protected Status:
Grade: II Ref No.: 1054207 Title: MILESTONE AT NGR SJ 2957 3707 Type: Listed Building
- Civil Parish:
- Grid Reference: SJ 2956 3708
- Brief Description: An early 19th century milestone with a cast iron plate, which is protected by Grade II Listing. Superscription " HOLY-/ HEAD / 84-M / SALOP / 22M-6F. "
- Description: Milestone. Early C19. On Thomas Telford's Holyhead Road. Painted sandstone with slightly recessed cast-iron plate. Superscription " HOLY-/ HEAD / 84-M / SALOP / 22M-6F. "
K. Falconer, Guide to England's Industrial Heritage (1980) <1>
Milestone (M.S.) depicted here on the 1st Edition Series 1:10560 MAP <2>
Found and photographed on 5 December 1995 as part of the 1995 Milestone Survey (ESA5818) <3>
Found and photographed on 30th July 2008 in the Milestone Society's 2005 to 2008 Survey (ESA6253) <4>
Found and photographed on the 25th June 2011 in the Milestone Society's 2009 to 2013 Survey (ESA6999) <5>
- Record Type: Building
(01) List of Buildings: Department of the Environment (DoE). 1987-Sep-02. 19th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. Vol 1582-0. List volume. p62. (02) Map: Ordnance Survey. c1872-1897. OS County Series 1:10560 (6 inch) maps (1st edition) - digital dataset. OS County Series. (03) Field recording form: Shropshire County Council. 1995-1997. SCC Milestone Survey record forms. SCC Milestone Survey record forms. Div1/A2 with photograph. (04) Project archive: Reade AT. 2005 -2008. The Milestone Society (Shropshire) Survey of Mileposts 2005 to 2008. Milestone Society 2005 to 2008 Survey. HH084. (05) Project archive: Haynes J B. 2009 -2013. The Milestone Society (Shropshire) Survey of Mileposts 2009 to 2013. Milestone Society 2009 to 2013 Survey. HH084.
- Related Places:
- For more information contact: Shropshire Council HER
- Date Last Edited: 20/02/2014 13:29:38