Nos 46 - 47, Pride Hill, Shrewsbury - Maddox & Co, Drapers formerly 54 - 56 Pride Hill
- Document Reference: PH/S/13/P/5/68
- System Reference: XPH/S/13/P/5/68
- Level: Item
- Date: 1888
- Description: The first (historically) of the long line of buildings occupied by this departmental store, which eventually stretched round the corner into the High Street. At this time, the business had already been established for over 30 years at various addresses. Again, an extensive outdoor display; it seems surprising that linens were exposed to the dust and dirt of the street, even in the days before motorised traffic. A shopman stands at the door. To the right the shop of Powell and Jones, opticians and jewellers 37 High St renumbered to 49 Pride Hill. The 'New season's tea' advertisment reflected in the window is from Debac and Sheaff, grocers of 5 Pride hill.. (Two copies). see also [8877/142979]
- Format: Photograph
- Colour: Black and White
- Copyright: Shropshire Archives
- Location: Shropshire Archives
- Access Status: Readers Ticket
- For more information contact: Shropshire Archives
When contacting us, please quote the Document Reference or Class and title. If not shown, go to the Catalogue below and click on the + symbol next to the current entry (shown in bold) to find more specific records.
You can also browse the Catalogue to find other records in this collection - click on the + symbol next to an entry to open up the catalogue and view further records below.
If there is no + or - symbol then you have reached the most specific entry. Hover over the text to view further details or click on the text to display the full record of any entry.