No 17, Plimmers, Castle Street (N.W. Side), Shrewsbury
- Document Reference: PH/S/13/C/10/114
- System Reference: XPH/S/13/C/10/114
- Level: Item
- Date: 1911
- Description: The timber-framed shop bedizened with advertisements, mainly for the renowned Shrewsbury Cakes. "Plimmers castle Restaurant The Only Makers of Pailin's Shrewsbury Cakes. Established 1780", "Ye Olde Cake Shop" above the door and another, quoting the Ingoldsby Legends, on the School Lane frontage, with a further sign at first floor level in case any one should fail to get the message. An errand boy stands in the shop door. A Frith Photograph. Titled "Shrewsbury - Pailin's Cake Shop".
- Format: Photograph
- Colour: Black and White
- Copyright: Shropshire Archives
- Location: Shropshire Archives
- Access Status: Readers Ticket
- For more information contact: Shropshire Archives
When contacting us, please quote the Document Reference or Class and title. If not shown, go to the Catalogue below and click on the + symbol next to the current entry (shown in bold) to find more specific records.
You can also browse the Catalogue to find other records in this collection - click on the + symbol next to an entry to open up the catalogue and view further records below.
If there is no + or - symbol then you have reached the most specific entry. Hover over the text to view further details or click on the text to display the full record of any entry.