Deed of partition by lease and release
- Document Reference: D3651/B/9/2/1/2
- System Reference: XD3651/B/9/2/1/2
- Level: Item
- Date: 16 & 17 Oct 1776
- Repository: Shropshire Archives
- Finding Aids: Former ref: 802/54/2
- Description: Counterpart lease for a year
(1) Edward Cludde of Orleton, esquire, Edward Pemberton of Rockwardine, esquire, and John Gardner, late of Shrewsbury, now of Sansaw, esquire
(2) John Ashby of Shrewsbury, esquire, and Daniel Fox of Chancery Lane, co Middlesex.
Same property as in marriage settlement of 1769, but with more detail, such as acreages. Docketed "Ackland against More".
(1) Dudley Ackland of Shrewsbury, esquire, late Lt Col in the 8th (King's) Reg of Foot, and Margaret his wife, late Margaret More, spinster, eldest of the two daughters and coheirs of Thomas More late of Millechop, esquire, deceased, and eldest sister and coheir of Thomas More the younger, late of Millechop, esquire, also deceased, and Robert More of Linley, esquire, and Katherine his wife, the other daughter and coheir of Thomas More the father and the other sister and coheir of Thomas More the son
(2) Edward Cludde of Orleton, esquire, Edward Pemberton of Rockwardine, esquire, and John Gardner, late of Shrewsbury, now of Sansaw, esquire
(3) Richard Hayne of Asbourne, co Derby, esquire, and John Bright of Totterton, esquire (3) John Stanier of St James's near Bridgnorth, esquire
(4) John Ashby of Shrewsbury, esquire, and Daniel Fox of Chancery Lane, co Middlesex.
Reciting marriage settlement by lease and release, 14 & 15 Jan 1768, of Robert More of Linley and Katherine More of Millechop, moiety of previously recited premises (D3651/B/9/2/1), and the marriage settlement of Dudly Ackland and Margaret More (same ref), and an order by the Lord Chancellor, 25 Nov 1774, that the moieties should be partitioned by a commission (John Langley, Thomas Loxdale, William Harris, William Oakeley, Samuel Harden and William Corfield) which reported on 16 Aug 1776. In consequence of the partition, Robert and Katherine More's moiety of the estate now consists of the manor of Millechop with the Hall &c, the messuage with the smith's shop, Beambridge Leasow and the Meadow by the smith's shop, the Wood tenement, the Topley Green dwelling house and Richard Wilkes's messuage, all in the manor of Millechop; John Hanson's messuage, the tenements of John Sarjeant (now Richard Dod) and Wm Higgins, George Strefford's piece of pasture, the Tile Pitt and the Broom, William Reynolds' tenement (now William Embris), the Stockings and Wilsmore (now Edward Reynold and the Rev Mr Ingram), the 2 enclosures out of the Highway Field, the three cocks of hay out of the Dole Meadow, and the Heath, all in the township of Balcott [Baucot] and the parish of Tugford; Edward Cliveley's messuage in Wenlock; the manor of Thongland; Francis Powell's messuage (now Richard Wall), Novers Bridge and the Leasow above Novers Bridge, William Fenn's messuage, Benjamin Bright's messuage, Westcroft, 2 enclosures out of the Common Field, Trowbrook Meadow &c (now Thomas Littleford), the dwelling house in the tenure of the parish officers of Munslow, and the messuage of Preese and Speake, all in Thonglands; John Mantle's messuage in Cold Weston (now John Wilkes); several chief rents. Signatures by all parties. Docketed "Dudley Ackland Esq".
- Access Status: Readers Ticket
- For more information contact: Shropshire Archives
When contacting us, please quote the Document Reference or Class and title. If not shown, go to the Catalogue below and click on the + symbol next to the current entry (shown in bold) to find more specific records.
You can also browse the Catalogue to find other records in this collection - click on the + symbol next to an entry to open up the catalogue and view further records below.
If there is no + or - symbol then you have reached the most specific entry. Hover over the text to view further details or click on the text to display the full record of any entry.