A view looking north along the A488 at The Gravels, see 9007/1/4.
- Document Reference: SA-IMG404144
- System Reference: X9007/1/4/2
- Level: Piece
- Date: Sep 1966
- Description: Roman Gravels mine workings were to the right and dressing floor and tips to the left, a three deck bridge crossed the road here until destroyed by the army as target practice during the First World War. Note the bus shelter. The young man is ? The bridge is shown on an 1883 photograph at XPH/H/20/46. Caption
- Format: Photograph
- Colour: Black and White
- Copyright: Shropshire Caving and Mining Club
- Location: Shropshire Archives
- Access Status: Reference
- For more information contact: Shropshire Archives
When contacting us, please quote the Document Reference or Class and title. If not shown, go to the Catalogue below and click on the + symbol next to the current entry (shown in bold) to find more specific records.
You can also browse the Catalogue to find other records in this collection - click on the + symbol next to an entry to open up the catalogue and view further records below.
If there is no + or - symbol then you have reached the most specific entry. Hover over the text to view further details or click on the text to display the full record of any entry.