General G. Minshall
- Document Reference: 6005/SHYHA/0113/2/1-2
- System Reference: X6005/SHYHA/18/1
- Level: File
- Date: 1916-1917
- Description: Various items belonging to General G Minshall:
Store 1 (SHYHA/0113/2/1): a bundle containing 6 pieces: 1) personal letter, dated 16th Feb.1917 "Somewhere in France in a dugout";
2) pocket bible;dated at the back 21 Dec 1916;
3) two ID badges in small envelop showing name and regimental number of soldier, envelop states that there were three badges, third ID badge possibly sent home when soldier was killed
4) concert program: 'Patriotic Concert in aid of the Local War Funds, will be given on Wednesday, November 11th 1914';
5) envelope and note from Buckingham Palace;
6) letter dated 13th August 1984, headed "Dear Dan" and signed "Geoff".
Store 2 outsize (SHYHA/0113/2/2): cotton handkerchief with music and lyrics of "It's a Long Long Way to Tipperary".
- Admin History: 177.31.SHRO (1908) & Shropshire Royal Horse Artillery
- Extent: 2 items
- Related Material: 6005/SHYHA/0113/1 and 3
- Location: Shropshire Archives
- Access Status: Readers Ticket
- For more information contact: Shropshire Archives
When contacting us, please quote the Document Reference or Class and title. If not shown, go to the Catalogue below and click on the + symbol next to the current entry (shown in bold) to find more specific records.
You can also browse the Catalogue to find other records in this collection - click on the + symbol next to an entry to open up the catalogue and view further records below.
If there is no + or - symbol then you have reached the most specific entry. Hover over the text to view further details or click on the text to display the full record of any entry.