Sir Robert Corbet of Morton has leased to William de Achesleg' in Blecchel' a messuage in the vill of Blech'
- Document Reference: 2919/2/5
- System Reference: X2919/2/1/R323532
- Level: file
- Date: 13th century
- Description: Sir Robert Corbet of Morton has leased to William de Achesleg' in Blecchel' a messuage in the vill of Blech' lying between land of the said Robert on one side, which Thomas Popi held, and land of Agam Heirthe on the other, with a plot of land called le Lonegraven lying between an assart of Ancnet Parleben on one side and the lane of Blech' on the other; for a term of 20 years from the Ascension of the Lord 14 Edward (I) (ie 26 May 1285); for 14s paid
To be held of Robert his heirs and assigns by William his heirs and assigns, and whomsoever he wills to sell or let the land to, except to men of religion, or to the chief lord of the fee.
Rent 5d, payable at Michaelmas and Ladyday for all secular demand, heriot the best beast he has in the place as principal, saving to him and his all other cattle. Warranty
Witnesses:- Sir Ralph de Sontfort, Thomas de Stuche, Hugh de Hulle, Richard de le Heth, Richard de Mitueleye clerk.
Seal tag, no seal
- Location: Shropshire Archives
- Access Status: Readers Ticket
- For more information contact: Shropshire Archives
When contacting us, please quote the Document Reference or Class and title. If not shown, go to the Catalogue below and click on the + symbol next to the current entry (shown in bold) to find more specific records.
You can also browse the Catalogue to find other records in this collection - click on the + symbol next to an entry to open up the catalogue and view further records below.
If there is no + or - symbol then you have reached the most specific entry. Hover over the text to view further details or click on the text to display the full record of any entry.