Bargain and Sale
- Document Reference: 11/336
- System Reference: X11/8/8/336
- Level: file
- Date: 20 July 1591
- Description: 1. Lewes Blayney of Tregynon co Mont. esq, Thomas Blayney and Edward Blayney of the same gentlemen, and Thomas ap Owen Goughe of Llanwythelan gentleman
2. Robert Prideaux of Rysnant esq.
Consideration:- 160 paid to Thomas and Edward Blayney.
Bargain and sale of a messuage and lands in Churchstock (late John ap Robert Mydleton, now David Price) and a messuage and lands in Churchstock under a hill called Todlith (Katheryne Hickes widow and John Hickes her son), 1 messuage and landsin Churchstock and Hurdley (late Thomas Corfilde, now Richard Henckes), 1 messuage in Churchstock with lands (Reignalf ap Howell), 1 messuage and lands in Churchstock (late John Pryce, now Osborne Deputate), 2s rent from a messuage in Churchstock called Y Mayr Dye (Jevan ap John ap David Goch), rent of 8d from 2 acres pasture in Hurdeley (now or late David Pryce).
Covenant that they have power to sell the premises discharged from all encumbrances except:-
(1) a lease of 1 April 26 Elizabeth (1584) by David Lloyd Blayney esq deceased to David Pryce, Ales his wife and Anne Pryce their daughter, of a messuage (Pryce) from Michaelmas 1586 for 80 years or 3 lives at 20s rent, heriot of best beast
(2) lease by Lewes ap Griff' als Vaughan to Richard Hickes, Katheryne his wife and John their son, 18 December 17 Elizabeth (1574) of the messuage in Churchstock under Todlith for their lives at 40s rent, 2 capons at Christmas, heriot on death of a principal tenant
(3) lease of 2 December 29 Elizabeth (1586) by David Lloyd Blayney and Thomas ap Owen Goch to Richard Henckes, of the messuage in Churchstock and Hurdeley from Ladyday next for 90 years or lives of Janes Henckes wife of Richard, and John their son, rent 46s 8d, heriot on death of every principal tenant.
(4) lease of 24 July 15 Elizabeth (1573) by Meredith Jones to Reignalde ap Howell, of a messuage and land in his occupation for 21 years, rent 26s 8d and a couple of capons at Christmas
(5) lease of 18 March 30 Elizabeth (1588) by Thomas Blayney and Edward Blayney to Osborne Deputate, of a messuage and lands in his occupation, for 80 years or lives of Osborne, Katheryne his wife and George their son, rent 40s
(6) the right to dower of Jane Phillipps widow sometime wife of Lewes Jones esq deceased, in the premises.
Prideaux to have quiet possession from the end of each term. Covenant for further assurance.
Signatures of Lewis Blayney, Thomas Blayney, Edward Blayney, mark of Thomas ap Owen Goch
Witnesses:- Gilbert Jones, John Leighton junior of Leighton, Mathewe Jones, William Evans, Charles Lloyde, Richard Parker of Leighton co Salop
Docketed. Numbered (227)
- Location: Shropshire Archives
- Access Status: Readers Ticket
- For more information contact: Shropshire Archives
When contacting us, please quote the Document Reference or Class and title. If not shown, go to the Catalogue below and click on the + symbol next to the current entry (shown in bold) to find more specific records.
You can also browse the Catalogue to find other records in this collection - click on the + symbol next to an entry to open up the catalogue and view further records below.
If there is no + or - symbol then you have reached the most specific entry. Hover over the text to view further details or click on the text to display the full record of any entry.